We know that finding the perfect sweater can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the season’s trendiest and most timeless items for your convenience, just in time for holiday shopping! In addition to our collected sweaters, we’ve included an extra item at the end of the post that you didn’t know you needed until now.
Sustainable Clothing Companies
Sustainability is finding its way in the fashion industry, and rightfully so. There are still many unsustainable and unethical clothing brands on the market, but in recent years, sustainable brands have stepped up to match them. Everlane is one of the current most sustainable clothing companies out there, with stylish and comfortable clothing. The company is completely transparent about sourcing, materials, and cost, and have some of the best sweaters you’ll ever find:
- Everlane Oversized Stroopwafel Turtleneck in ReCashmere: This cozy sweater is made from 100% recycled cashmere yarn, making it a sustainable and comfortable wear. Sweaters such as this are investment pieces; it will last many years, and due to its longevity, is worth the price.
- Everlane Oversized Alpaca Crew: Composed of an alpaca/wool blend, this sweater suits all your wintery needs. The alpaca blend creates a soft, warm material, perfect for going out or staying in. You can shop guilt-free from anything Everlane has to offer, due to the brand’s sustainability and ethical manufacturing.
Mocknecks are essentially halved turtlenecks– they’re lighter weight and can appear more chic, depending on the material. Here are some of this winter’s most stylish mocknecks:
- Millie Mozart Knit Turtleneck: This 100% cotton sweater is affordable and easy to care for. It comes in four different colors, both neutral and vibrant.
- Cable-Knit Mockneck: H&M recently created their “Conscious” line, which uses recycled materials to create clothing. This cable-knit mockneck is sustainable as well as stylish.
Neutrals are in this year– and most likely, for years to come. Neutral tones are classic, chic, and upscale, and are sure to lengthen your wardrobe by many years.
- H&M Knit Mockneck: Since H&M’s recent movement towards sustainability, many of their clothing items have transitioned to recycled material blends. This sweater’s composition is primarily recycled polyester, and is a perfect neutral taupe for winter.
- Teddy Wool Blend Crewneck: Whites are neutrals, too, and add a stark contrast to any wardrobe. Wool will keep you warmest during the cold winter months, and with this sweater, you’ll stay warm in style.
- Madewell Windowpane Turtleneck: Caught somewhere in between turtleneck and mock neck, this neutral patterned sweater diverges from the “plain old” neutrals and adds some pizzazz to your neutral collection.
The majority of people have a hard time investing in cashmere clothing. Typically, cashmere is fairly expensive, driving away the average consumer. However, sometimes the investment is worth the longevity of the piece, since cashmere will last many years when taken care of properly. Other times, cashmere doesn’t have to be as expensive as most prices offer.
- Everlane Cashmere Raglan Mock Neck: All at once a mock neck, cashmere, and from a sustainable company, this piece is everything you’re looking for this season! Everlane doesn’t always have to be expensive– if you can find them on Nordstrom Rack, their pieces are much more affordable to the average consumer.
- Madewell Cashmere Shrunken Sweatshirt: Add some color to your cashmere and choose from Rusted Torch or Sun-Faded Mint. Although this cashmere piece is higher in price, it will last for a long time and will stand the test of time as long as it’s taken care of as advised.
- (Re)sourced Cashmere Turtleneck Tunic: Composed of 70% recycled cashmere, this sweater is a sustainable turtleneck option.
The Save Our Sweaters Brush
The portable, pill-removing Save Our Sweaters Brush by Lilly Brush is a must-have for all your sweater care needs. This brush works on 100% natural fiber materials such as cashmere, wool, cotton, and angora. It is not, however, effective on polyester, nylon, or acrylic. In addition to removing pills, it also removes pet hair from natural fiber garments. This brush is highly recommended for anyone who owns a natural fiber sweater. It will change you and your sweater’s lives!